Nov 12, 2020 - 11:18 AM
Before you begin, please observe these important safety considerations:
a) DS-100 is flammable so avoid fire or ignition sources in work area.
b) DS-100 evaporates and should only be used in work areas with adequate ventilation
c) DS-100 should be used with Nitrile Gloves to avoid hand irritation
Instructions for Cleaning Electronic Devices with DS-100
1) Remove the electrical equipment from Engineered Fluids Dielectric Coolant, place the device on a drain board over a clean catchment (a 20L / 5Gal Bucket works very well, or use the SLICTank Drainboard to drain coolant directly back into your SLICTank). Allow 5 minutes for the Dielectric Coolant to flow off of the device in the catchment. All coolants can be immediately be returned to service in your SLICTank if not contaminated.
2) Place the device to be cleaned over a clean, dry catchment.
3) Apply DS-100 by spray, wipe, brush, or dipping. When spraying or brushing apply a light coat and allow DS-100 a minimum of 3-5 minutes to work in fully, then follow with another light coat of DS-100 as a rinse. Any DS-100 that is captured in the catchment can be reused until the DS-100 is cloudy or dirty.
4) When dipping, immerse the device fully in DS-100 for 5-10 seconds while agitating device (moving the device up and down) gently in the solvent. DS-100 also works exceptionally well in filtered or unfiltered parts washers.
5) Reapply if additional cleaning is required.
6) Allow DS-100 to drip clean of the device for about 5 minutes into a clean catchment.
7) Place the device over an absorbent towel and position device to allow air flow around the device. Allow device to dry thoroughly in a well-ventilated work area. The drying time will vary based on the temperature of work area. Generally, devices will dry faster in temperatures above 70F / 21C.
Because DS-100 is fully dielectric a device can be safely operated even if the device is still wetted by DS-100 without damage to the equipment assuming you provide adequate air-cooling to the device.
Add New Comment