Mar 06, 2020 - 03:17 PM
Our VA-900 Concentrated Antioxidant is easy to use.
- Calculate how much you’ll need. To bring transformer oil from 0.0% to 0.3% antioxidant concentration, add 1% by volume VA-900 to the transformer oil you want to treat. So if you have 100 gallons of transformer oil to treat, you’ll use 1 gallon of VA-900, etc.
- If your oil already has some antioxidant in it, you can use less VA-900. It’s a linear calculation – so if your oil already has 0.1% in it, for example, you’ll only need to ad 2/3 as much as normal. Contact Engineered Fluids for assistance; we’ll help you calculate how much you need to use.
- Add the VA-900 to a de-energized transformer. You don’t need to add it during processing, like you do with regular antioxidant; simply open the top or an access hole and pour the antioxidant in.
- If the transformer is equipped with circulation pumps, allow the oil to circulate for 20 minutes before re-energizing. If the transformer is not equipped with pumps, then it can be re-energized after waiting for 20 minutes to allow air bubbles to rise out of the windings.
- These guidelines are on the VA-900 data sheet, which can be downloaded from our website.