Dec 16, 2019 - 08:50 PM
Engineered Fluids Recycling Program
The Engineered Fluids Recycling Program is designed to provide Engineered Fluids customers the opportunity to recycle their used dielectric coolants instead of disposing of them in ways that can harm our environment. The process for recycling requires that Engineered Fluids test samples of the coolants to be recycled for contamination and any resulting toxicity to ensure that the coolants are properly handled.
The steps in the recycling process are:
- Customer contacts Engineered Fluids at email@example.com with a description of the type and amount of fluid to be recycled.
- Engineered Fluids will provide an estimate for the cost of containers, transportation, and recycling of the fluids.
- Engineered Fluids will send out testing containers to Customer to collect the necessary samples and returns the samples to Engineered Fluids for testing.
- If the samples test negative for contamination:
- Engineered Fluids will arrange with Customer for the delivery of empty shipping containers to the Customer site.
- Customer will be responsible for transferring the fluid to the containers and readying them for shipping in accordance with Engineered Fluids instructions.
- Engineered Fluids will organize the transfer of the full containers to the recycling facility for processing.
- If the samples test positive for contamination:
- Engineered Fluids will instruct Customer with the nature of the results and then take the appropriate actions to assist in arranging for either the safe disposal or recycling of the contaminated coolants.
- The contents of the containers are tested again upon arrival and the results verified with the earlier results to ensure compliance with handling and safety requirements.
- The coolants will be recycled in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws.